1. A Red Peacoat: I have been wanting a red peacoat for years now. Every fall/winter I say I'm going to get one and I still have yet to do it. My perfect coat is double breasted, fitted through the waist, long enough to cover my bum, and a deep cranberry red. The one pictured here is a (perfect) mystery-coat that I found online and I have no idea where it's from. I'm keeping my eyes open. Maybe this will be the year... (This Victoria's Secret version is pretty darn close, if only it were a little longer).
2. Lexi Holiday Tin Candle: As soon as the cool weather hits I want my whole house to smell like cinnamon and cookies and holidays. These pretty candles are from Anthropologie and come in scents like Frosted Maple, Snow on Cedar, Mulled Cider, and Fireside. They all smell incredible - though I'm partial to the Mulled Cider. Last time I was at Anthro I carried one around with me the whole time so I could sniff it while I was shopping.
3. Jo Malone Fragrance: Another thing I like to switch up with the season is my perfume. Jo Malone fragrances are my absolute favorite. They are all simple, single or double-note scents (perfect for those of us who don't like heady "perfumey" smelling things) that you can wear alone or combine to create a signature fragrance. There are so many great fall options - Vanilla & Anise, Nutmeg & Ginger, Wild Fig & Cassis - and they come in the most beautiful box tied with a black ribbon.
4. Emile Henry Artisan Pie Dish: If you enjoy baking this is THE best pie dish you'll ever own. They're made in France, hand-glazed with a non-scratch finish (so you can cut onto it with a sharp knife), and are microwave, oven, dishwasher, freezer & broiler safe. And they're beautiful. I have had one for a couple years now and it's one of my favorite things in my kitchen. I love it so much that I just bought one for my mum for her birthday and lugged it in my carry-on all the way to Canada - and these things aren't light, people.
5. Umbra Aquala Bathtub Caddy: When it's chilly and you're trying to warm up, there's nothing better than a hot bath - especially if it involves a good book or magazine and a glass of wine! My friend, Kate, gave me this bathtub caddy after I told her a million times that I wanted to steal hers. It's seriously the best thing ever.
6. Zoya Nail Polish: A lot of nail polishes are made with awful chemicals that are bad for our health. Zoya is one of the few brands that is free of the "big 5" toxins that are found in a lot of other polishes. They're also great quality and have about a bajillion colors. This brick red called "Pepper" is one of my favorites for fall. Plus, it will match my peacoat.
7. Copco Travel Mug: I make most of my coffee & tea at home and love taking it with me when I go, especially when it's chilly out. This is my favorite travel mug because it's cheap, BPA free and dishwasher safe. Just keep your eye on it because people will think it's a paper cup & then you'll have to dig it out of the garbage (true story).
8. Too Faced Eyeshadow Palette: I'm a natural make-up kind of gal and I mostly stick to browns and neutrals when it comes to eyeshadow. This "Natural at Night" palette by Too Faced is my new favorite because you can use it to create a completely natural look for day, or use the darker colors to bump it up for a smokier evening look. It also has the perfect amount of holiday shimmer.
9. Roots Cabin Socks: There's nothing like a cozy pair of socks when those hardwood floors get cold. These Roots socks remind me of ski lodges and hot cocoa - and they look really cute peeking out of the tops of boots. (They also come in legwarmers).
Stay tuned for Amanda's Fall Favorites next week!